Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Pro/program or Relations?

A

asikatz

Hello all,
I want to know if I can control dimensions,suppress feature etc based on model name.
For example,
say model name is AAA_R will cause feature X to be suppressed and if model name is AAA_D will resume feature X.
Thanks.

I think the simplest way to go about this would be to include that feature (or component) in a family table and create instances. Just add the component or feature to the family table and type Y or N depending on whether you want it in that instance. Yes, it's still a semi-manual process, but it's a quick, straightforward one that will be easy for the next person to understand.

Plain relations in Pro/E don't really have a way to turn features on and off, to my knowledge. Pro/Program can turn features on and off in response to prompts, but I don't know offhand how to parse the text; that is, separate and interpret just that last character. You could easily program in a prompt question like "Type A or D for part type," though, and go from there. It all depends on how much trouble you want to go to to automate this stuff. If you have less than a few dozen of these parts to do, I'd recommend using the family table.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back