Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

problem in feature pattern

mechint

Hello,
I some guidence. on circular surface iam trying to produce straight patterns. i use skip instances to remove patterns outside the surface. would it be poissble that while using skip option else i get portion of the patterns at the corner of the surface ( portion touches the boundries of the surface) and rest of the portion deleted automatically. or there is any other option please specify.

thanks

1. If you pattern a feature the results must be conected to the base feature, not outside of the base feature as a merge to the base body is req.
2. Try pattern body as an option as this creates seperate bodies of the original. The body (Feature) can then be a feature not merged when created. You can then combine to form a completed part

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back