Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Problem with 3D Capture

C

Campbell

When I am trying to captured a couple of 3D models from Inventor and Solidworks, it comes in as a 2D flat image. I select Create PDF>3d Capture and then walk thru the settings. I flip to the CAd app and hit PrintSreen. When it returns the dialogue I accept the defaults. What I end up with is a 2D PDF. Not a 3D capture.
Any suggestions.

Is this a 3D annotation?

Hi Campbell,
Stupid question from me: did you try to activate the annotation?
Once you make the 3D capture, an annotation is created and is displayed in 2D (with a poster that is generated from the captured 3d data).
You have to activate the annotation (click and rotate, or right click + "activate") to see it in 3D.

Hi,
Could you check whether your capture settings for SolidWorks and Inventor are set to default one. To set the capture settings go to Edit>>Preference>>3D Capture and click "Restore Defaults" button. Then try to perform a new capture with this default settings.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back