Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Projection Style, Euro vs. US

jomamma

When working in SW2007 drawing mode, projecting views off the initial view, the views are being flipped as though the system is set for european projection, rather than standard orthographic projection. At home, my 2005 version doesn't do this. It projects views as expected. I've checked help, and pored through the system options, but I don't see a setting for method of projection. Any clue as to where I go to set the projection standard?

When working in SW2007 drawing mode, projecting views off the initial view, the views are being flipped as though the system is set for european projection, rather than standard orthographic projection. At home, my 2005 version doesn't do this. It projects views as expected. I've checked help, and pored through the system options, but I don't see a setting for method of projection. Any clue as to where I go to set the projection standard?

It's in Sheet Properties in the Type of Projection area. Third angle is US. First angle is Europe. Make sure your template is set to the correct settings.

I ran into this too. Look for Third Angle Projection in help.

Right mouse button click on the sheet

A window will appear, left click on properties.

Another window will appear. At the top center of the window will be a selection for First or Third angle projection. Click then ok your way out.

B

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back