Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

PVC pipe insertion force modeling using Cosmosworks

ray rajkovic

Hi All,

Need to model insertion of PVC pipe, spigot end into socket. Socket is fitted with rubber ring which is reinforced with steel ring. Function of rubber & steel ring is to facilitate for sealing. need to simulate pipe insertion into the socket and calculate insertion force.
Could anyone suggest how that should be done, how to restrain socket end of the pipe and assign specific displacement to spigot end of the pipe- insertion; what contact should be applied between rubber & steel ring and groove in socket, also what contact should be applied between moving spigot end of pipe and fixed socket end with incorporated ring?
I done a lot of polymer flow analysis but I am very new one in stress/motion analysis with Cosmosworks.

If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate.

Kind regards,
Ray

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back