Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

R21 to R19

There is a Downward Compatibility tool that will convert higher release CATIA V5 files to lower release formats

Problem

hi
i searched and found it... CATDownwardCompatibility

it has a gui and command option.
i want to use as command option and convert C:\MyFile\Part1.catpart (R20) to C:\MyFile\Converted\Part1.catpart (R18) .

the full comand is :

CATDownwardCompatibility [-h / -id inputDirectory [-if inputfile/-il inputlist] -od outputDirectory -action [Convert/Synchro/Info] -version CATIAV5Rn -report reportFile.txt]

CATDownwardCompatibility [-h / -id inputDirectory [-if inputfile /
-il inputlist] -od outputDirectory -report reportFile

-h: help
-id: input directory or DLNAME
-if: input file containing a list of documents to process
-il: input list of document to process (-if or -il parameter is mandatory)
-action: an action requested such as

"Convert": converts a document to a document readable in the version defined in -version parameter
"Synchro": synchronizes a converted document on the original file
"Info": gives information on the selected members.

Action parameter is mandatory

-version: targeted Version 5 version mandatory for "Convert" action (not used in "Synchro" & "Info" action mode)
-od: output Directory or DLNAME mandatory for "Convert" action (not used in "Synchro" & "Info" action mode)
-report: Report file name

---------------------------------

but i tried it and it gives me error. can u convert it?

Thanks.

hi
i want to convert my file c:\files\part1.catpart (r20) to c:\newfiles\part2.catpart (r18) using CATDownwardCompatibility

but i can't.
would u solve it?
thanks

this it full command help:

CATDownwardCompatibility [-h / -id inputDirectory [-if inputfile /
-il inputlist] -od outputDirectory -report reportFile

-h: help
-id: input directory or DLNAME
-if: input file containing a list of documents to process
-il: input list of document to process (-if or -il parameter is mandatory)
-action: an action requested such as

"Convert": converts a document to a document readable in the version defined in -version parameter
"Synchro": synchronizes a converted document on the original file
"Info": gives information on the selected members.

Action parameter is mandatory

-version: targeted Version 5 version mandatory for "Convert" action (not used in "Synchro" & "Info" action mode)
-od: output Directory or DLNAME mandatory for "Convert" action (not used in "Synchro" & "Info" action mode)
-report: Report file name

Saeed,

As you said, there are two ways to run this tool: Besides the command, there is a utility for Downward Compatability. I think the utility is easy to use (but I've never run the command)

Last edited:
Command line solution

I am able to use the utility while in catia for downward conversion, but I would like a way to do downward conversions through a batch command. I need to do conversions at runtime, since I am automating a few processes.
Thanks.

Search in the online CATIA documentation (Help) for detailed instructions on this utility program

Thanks - I should have come back and posted that I found it already but I forgot :(

For other users its under:

Tools (menu bar, top of your screen) -> Utilities

Really helpful tool, saved me such a headache!

Thanks,

Max

R22 to R20

Thanks - I should have come back and posted that I found it already but I forgot :(

For other users its under:

Tools (menu bar, top of your screen) -> Utilities

Really helpful tool, saved me such a headache!

Thanks,

Max

Hi all,

I am trying to convert from R22 to R20 using this tool, although all I can get is dead solid out of a composite part tree.

Any clue how can obtain this conversion with full original R22 catpart structure tree?

Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back