* Layer: If you are in the middle of editing a layer name, pressing the Tab key acts like the equivalent of pressing Enter and then the New Layer button.
* Layout: PageLayout is now a built-in alias for the Layout command
* Length: Now allows surface edge selection.
* Arc: A problem creting an arc of a specific radius, tangent to an existing ellipse and through a point has been fixed.
* ArrayCrvOnSrf, Divide option: The resulting obects were one fewer then the number requested. This is fixed.
o Incorrectly deleted notes being typed when autosave occurred. This is fixed.
o Now checks for invalid path names.
* BackgroundBitmap, Scale: Deleted the image. This is fixed.
o The edge chainer did not stop after going around a closed hole the first time. Edges from both surfaces were incorrectly added to the chain, one after the other. Now the autochaining should stop as soon as the chain forms a closed loop.
o The Perpendicular object snap now works when adding additional section curves.
* Boolean2Objects: Could create a single disjoint polysurface. This is fixed.
* Check: Did not always find bad surfaces. This is fixed.
o Now intermediate commands in scripts will not force the help to update.
o The help window no longer requires a mouse click to set focus. This means the window will scroll as soon as the mouse is over it.
* CurveBoolean: Incorrectly previewd the curves in black. This has been fixed.
* Detail: A problem with the scale display has been fixed.
* Display: Under some conditions, it was possible to eliminate selection highlight. This is fixed.
* DocumentProperties: The preview image of a perspective viewport was not properly saved. This is fixed.
* Dot: Zoom Extents did not work properly with annotation dots. This has been improved.
* DupBorder: Incorrectly did not duplicate the border of a selected face in a closed polysurface. This is fixed.
* EvaluatePt: The display did not show negative coordinates with preceding hyphens. This is fixed.
* ExtendCrvOnSrf: Works better now to exclude curve ends not on the surface within tolerance.
* ExtractSrf: Analysis display modes did not persist on resulting surfaces. This is fixed.
* ExtrudeCrv: Typing C to toggle capping incorrectly changed the extrusion direction. This is fixed.
* Faro digitizer: Failed to properly register. This is fixed.
* Fillet: In some cases, the fillet arc extended the wrong direction. This is fixed.
o Incorrectly left a closed curve open. This is fixed.
o The fillets were not properly tangent to the adjacent curves. This is fixed.
o Sometimes created a bad surface. This is fixed.
o The feedback color was incorrectly set to black instead of the object wireframe color. This is fixed.
o When the RailType is DistFromEdge, the fillet cross section is not an arc, but the feedback handles incorrectly showed the section as an arc.
* German Language Version: After running Rhino once, many of the MeshTools commands would fail to run. This has been fixed.
* Installer: several minor installer bugs have been fixed.
* Join: Incorrectly created inside-out closed polygon. This is fixed.
* LayerStateManager: Restoring a layer state failed when the current layer was off. This is fixed.
o Dimensions and Distance gave different answers based on the zoom level. This is fixed.
o Double clicking the layout viewports cincorrectly aused details to become active/inactive. When the double click occurred, the command prompt lost
* Layout: Several problems with custom sheet sizes have been fixed.
o A conflict when user name had an ampersand (&) has been fixed.
o If a workgroup node can not connect to the Zoo, Rhino will now ask for a cd-key.
* Match: Incorrect results occurred in some circumstances. This is fixed.
* MatchMeshEdge: Crash bug fixed.
* MeshOutline: Failed to create curves in ortho views. This is fixed.
* MoveUVN: If more than one control point was selected, only one of the points moved properly. Other points moved more than the specified distance. This is fixed.
* New: When using a template files with fewer than four viewports, four viewports were incorrectly created anyway. This is fixed.
* Notes: Autosave while typing notes incorrectly deleted the notes. This is fixed.
* OffsetCrvOnSrf: Crash bug fixed.
o Edge curves did not align properly under some circumstances. This is fixed.
o It was not possible to select faces in a polysurface. This is fixed.
* OnCrv object snap: Crash when selecting a surface edges. This is fixed.
o Layers were not handled correctly when .dgn was used as a worksession file. This is fixed.
o A crash bug has been fixed.
* OpenWG/DXF: A crash occurred whtn there were proxy objects in the DWG file. The crash is fixed. Rhino does not support proxy objects.
* Open:SLC: Failed on some files. This is fixed.
* Open: SolidWorks - If the SW file contains geometry imported via iges or other non-SW source, two copies of that geometry were created in the Rhino file. This is fixed.
* Open: SolidWorks unit settings were not imported correctly. This is fixed.
o Scripting crosshair visibility did not work properly. This is fixed.
o There was no provision for exporting and importing the top level of Context menu settings in Options>Context menu. This is fixed.
o Sub-pages did not appear as options in the script version. This is fixed.
o Advanced Display: The curve thickness can no longer be set to 0.
* Options: Advanced Display: When the Options dialog box closed, the Transparency setting incorrectly reset to 100 disabling GhostedViewport mode. This is fixed.
* OptionsPage: The Render page incorrectly appeared as an option for this command. This is fixed.
o Now the Alt key enables the osnap dialog only when dragging point-like objects (for example, control points).
It no longer enables the dialog when dragging whole objects.
o Near: Apparent Ortho/Int snapping failed. This is fixed.
* PictureFrame: Luminosity now set high so that lights do not affect the image.
* Plug-ins: .NET plug-ins did not load properly over a network. This is fixed.
o A problem with the Epilog laser engraver has been fixed.
o Paper Size settings were not stored between Rhino sessions. This is fixed.
o Objects set to No Print would incorrectly print. This is fixed.
* Print and PrintPreview: A problem with print preview and printing to a DesignJet500 has been fixed.
* Print: Settings are now saved between sessions.
* Print: Solid Hatch printed incorrectly. This is fixed.
* PrintDisplay: The display was not updating correctly when changing the width for a layer. This is fixed.
* ProjectToCPlane: Failed when using polycurve or arcs. This is fixed.
* Properties: Changing a material by browsing did not work properly, this is fixed.
* Properties: Material properties did not display the Render plug-in name. This is fixed.
* Properties: Setting isocurve density to 0 did not work properly. This is fixed.
* Properties: When a Detail vew was changed, the Properties dialog box did not properly update. This is fixed.
* RailRevolve: The result could be incorrectly rotated in some cases. This is fixed.
o Incorrect preview color fixed.
o Now gives feedback on failure.
* Rib: The rib direction could be incorrect in some cases. This is fixed.
* RoundHole/RevolvedHole/PlaceHole: Did not properly display the current object isocurves. This is fixed.
o 3DS: A problem with exporting bumpmap files has been fixed.
o FBX: Command failed when no material is set for the objects. This is fixed.
o WMF: Incorrectly did not allow setting a width. This is fixed.
o LWO/FBX: Incorrectly did not allow scripting without prompts. This is fixed.
* Save:3ds: Rhino incorrectly set the texture path in the materials of objects to an absolute path that was the same as the 3ds file. Now it only uses the actual filename and not an absolute path.
* SetView: The World Bottom view was not properly created. This is fixed.
* ShowEdges: Failed under some circumstances. This is fixed.
* Smash: Point objects were improperly placed in some circumstances. This is fixed.
* SpaceBall/Mouse: It is now again possible to set the rotation/translation scale to a negative value to flip the puck direction.
* Split: Several bugs have been fixed.
* SplitMeshEdge: A display bug has been fixed.
* Splop: Did not properly pay attention to flipped normals. This is fixed.
* Spotlight: A problem with dragging spotlight control points has been fixed.
* SwapMeshEdge: Did not work properly in macros. This is fixed.
o Minimizing floating toolbars and dialog boxes hs been improved.
o Several errors in the button macros have been corrected.
o You can now select more than one toolbar at a time from the list of toolbars that appears when you right-click the docking area.
Rhino 4.0 Service Release 1 3-Jul-2007 - What's New