Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

rhino bongo vray

llihneb

I'm an industrial design student trying to find a way to nicely animate (some mechanical rigging) and render a complex solidworks assembly. I've tried exporting from solidworks08 as iges, step, vrml, stl, etc directly into max and also via rhino to export as obj into max. The results haven't been good due to complex goemetry such as fillets and threads. I'd prefer to avoid having to get a nurbs translator so I was thinking of just a direct import into rhinov4, keyframing using bongo and rendering with vray.

I'd really appreciate if anyone could provide some insight into this workflow before I get bongo and vray for rhino.
Are bongo and vray compatible (I presume they would be)?
Has anyone had any experience with this combination and if so are there any bugs/limitations?

Thanks for any help/guidance :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back