Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Sharing my settings?

damping

I have a few settings that I have, such as shortcuts, units, accuracy settings, etc. How do I share these settings with a co-worker? From what I understand, there is a user settings file that can be copied over into their user file?

Also, is there a way to set a few settings so it is company-wide? For instance, at my previous job, Catia by default would not load any workbenches when you start it up. At my current job, it loads the Product workbench by default.

Thanks.

You need to look at the value of a couple variables in your CATIA environment:
CATUserSettingPath (location of user settings) & CATReferenceSettingPath (administrative settings, for the whole company).

To stop creating a new product at startup, add to your CATIA environment:
CATNoStartDocument=1

OR
Your company can hire me, as I'm an engineer and a kick ass admin. Contact me privately if your company is hiring (I'm seriously looking for a new job).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back