Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Stiffener issue

rbarata

Hello, my friends

Any idea why I can't add a second thickness in this stiffener? Neutral fiber is disabled and the help files don't seem to add much more to it.

Thank you.

Attachments

• stiffener.jpg
    stiffener.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 6
I tried to add a Stiffner, and I have the same situation as you - the second thickness is always grayed out.

I'm not sure why, but I always make gusset features as a Pad, instead of a Stiffner.

Last edited:
I tried the Stiffener command again but with the FROM TOP option, and now I do get the option to type in a second thickness. Still don't know why we can't use two thicknesses when using the From Side option.

I tried the Stiffener command again but with the FROM TOP option, and now I do get the option to type in a second thickness. Still don't know why we can't use two thicknesses when using the From Side option.

I'm experiencing the same but to use the from top option I need to create the sketch in a plane parallel to the horizontal axis. Otherwise, it won't let me.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back