Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Tapered Spline

Chris Blight

Hi all
I have been tasked with EDM Wiring a tapered spline for a company that rebuilds classic cars. But before I can even hope to generate any kind of code I first have to build my model. To be honest I`m struggling with this. I generated a revolve with the correct taper in the bore. So now we have a tube with a tapered bore in it. Then I created the tooth form by sketching on one of the faces. But the tooth form in a tapered spline grows smaller as it reaches the end of the taper. The larger bore has a slightly larger tooth form, the smaller bore a smaller tooth form. So I created two sketches, on either end of the taper.
I tried and failed to loft these two sketches but that may be because they are intersecting the bore.
So I was wondering if anyone had ever modeled a tapered spline before and how you went about it?

Regards.
Krispee

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back