Use the following procedure to run third party post-processors from PostWorks inside of VX CAM.
- In the CAM Plan Manager, right-click on the machine to modify in the manager tree and select Edit from the popup menu. This will display the CAM Machine Manager.
- Pick Programming to display the Machine Programming Details Form.
- Pick Post Processor and select pworks from the list of supported post processors.
- Pick OK from the CAM Machine Manager and then close the form (both forms will close).
- In the manager tree right-click on Output and select Edit from the popup menu. This will display the Output Form.
- Select the operation to output and then pick the Document tab.
- Complete the form as desired making sure to enter the output file name and place a check in the box next to Display Output.
- Pick G and M Codes and the NC Program Window will display the G and M codes output for the selected operation. The output file will be created automatically via the PostWorks post processor.
- The default directory, in which the PostWorks software is installed, is "C:\nccs\postworks\bin." If you installed PostWorks in a different directory, you need to modify the "runpost.bat" file and change PWORKS_PATH accordingly.
- Do not use any <space> characters in output names or directory names when third party post processors are used.