Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

To Mirror a sketch

erin

I am a newbie to Solidworks and I know that I am missing something real basic with regards to my problem.
I was under the impression that I know how to mirror a sketch, my problem is that I do not get the option to use the mirror icon. It is always greyed out. If it at all matters, I am using v 2007.
What can I possibly be doing wrong that my features bar is mostly greyed out. After selecting the front plane, selecting the sketch icon, selecting the line tool, completing the sketch I want to mirror, and adding the centerline and exiting the sketch, the only feature icons available for use are the extruded boss base, revolve boss base, and lofted boss base.
If you could help this frustrated newcomer out, it would be appreciated.
Erin

To mirror a sketch entity

Erin,
To mirror a sketch entity;

1. start a sketch

2. sketch your first entity and a centerline
[DO NOT CLOSE YOUR SKETCH]

3. hit ecsape button once to escape sketch command
[DO NOT CLOSE OR EXIT YOUR SKETCH]

4. select the first entity and the centerline
[hold down control button for multiple selections]

5. click the mirror button.

hope that helps...if you have any more problems with solidworks feel free to email me any questions. :)

rik stewart
cad tutor
Dayton, Ohio
[email protected]

Mirror Sketch

I am a newbie to Solidworks and I know that I am missing something real basic with regards to my problem.
I was under the impression that I know how to mirror a sketch, my problem is that I do not get the option to use the mirror icon. It is always greyed out. If it at all matters, I am using v 2007.
What can I possibly be doing wrong that my features bar is mostly greyed out. After selecting the front plane, selecting the sketch icon, selecting the line tool, completing the sketch I want to mirror, and adding the centerline and exiting the sketch, the only feature icons available for use are the extruded boss base, revolve boss base, and lofted boss base.
If you could help this frustrated newcomer out, it would be appreciated.
Erin

Insted of selecting the plane, create a construction line as the center of the mirror and you are able to mirror the sketch. Make sure only 1 construction line is selected.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back