Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Unable to talk to license server after Windows update

gfmi

Catia Version 5-6 2014 SP1 Build 24
Windows 7 64bit

Ran Windows updates on a workstation today and after those 37 updates Catia could not longer talk to the license server. All options for licenses were greyed out. Other users were fine and able to get licenses. Reboot, uninstalled Catia, reboot, reinstalled Catia, no change.

Only thing I found that worked was to do a system restore to a few days back and then it was fine. I know this is going to happen again and doing system restores is no way to run an engineering department. Is there someplace I can start to look and see what is happening?

EDIT
Did some more investigating and it was KB3061518that broke Catia. I was able to replicate it each time. I have a call into our reseller for support, but that update is turned off for now.

Last edited:
Faced same issue with V6 license server.

Catia Version 5-6 2014 SP1 Build 24
Windows 7 64bit

Ran Windows updates on a workstation today and after those 37 updates Catia could not longer talk to the license server. All options for licenses were greyed out. Other users were fine and able to get licenses. Reboot, uninstalled Catia, reboot, reinstalled Catia, no change.

Only thing I found that worked was to do a system restore to a few days back and then it was fine. I know this is going to happen again and doing system restores is no way to run an engineering department. Is there someplace I can start to look and see what is happening?

EDIT
Did some more investigating and it was KB3061518that broke Catia. I was able to replicate it each time. I have a call into our reseller for support, but that update is turned off for now.

Thanks for the help. had to uninstall the latest security updates of windows

You can install the updates if you get to the latest version of the License Manager. That seems to fix it up.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back