Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

user flange in sheetmetal

vijayrao.b

hey guys,
i was looking to create a user defined flange in sheetmetal in v5r16,but the error keeps on poping up. i am not able to create even the simplest of flanges. what should the profile be like?are there any specific constraints on th profile? please help me out.
thanks
vijay.

i tried all types of profiles.a msg says that the profile is not tangential to the spine.i tried to create a profile that is starting at teh surface and ends above it.but it is not accepting it.

user defined flange

hey guys,
i was looking to create a user defined flange in sheetmetal in v5r16,but the error keeps on poping up. i am not able to create even the simplest of flanges. what should the profile be like?are there any specific constraints on th profile? please help me out.
thanks
vijay.

Step1: Select edge
Step2: In profile select plane normal to edge to create sketch.
Step3: Create open profile connected and tangential to edge base.The sketch must be filleted and larger than object selected so that the materal will not overlap.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back