Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

V5 Viewer

L

lspieler

Hi All,
Can anyone recommend a 3rd party viewer for Catia V5 .CATDrawings. I need our shop to have view only privileges for native .CATDrawings without having to maintain a second data set also the ability to print them from the shop floor.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Spieler
Tool Design Engineer
Pennsylvania

The company I currently work at uses eDrawings, which seems to work pretty good.

I would think Acrobat Reader would be a good solution as well.

MrCATIA,
Thanks for your swift reply. But the main thing i am trying to avoid is having to maintain a second data set. Although eDrawings and or Acrobat Reader are an option especially on the pocket book, I would have to save literally thousands of drawings to a all together different format and maintain that data set also each time changes are made to a drawing.
Am I correct in that assumption? I am just starting to explore my options so my knowlege of different methods and softwares for doing this is minimal. But believe me when I say that your input and knowlege are greatly valued.
Thanks

Larry Spieler
Tool Design Engineer
Pennsylvania

Yes, both of my suggestions do require a conversion and a second database. There are pros and cons to this.

I haven't used the DMU Navigator for awhile - does it work with drawings?

Hopefully someone else will have suggestions for you. Or maybe you can find a solution at the COE conference.

MrCATIA,
You know I'm not familiar with the DMU product. I have checked out COE and Catia Eng-Tips there were mentions of Cimmetrys Autovue, Actify and Solidview which I have looked into a little bit so far and was somewhat impressed with the Autovue product. It has been a couple of years since I have been down this road and did research on different viewers. I'll keep on looking and probably get a rep. in to talk to us.
Thanks for your input,

Larry

DMU viewer will view drawings. The most common use of DMU viewer is by non-CAD users in an Enovia PDM system, the viewer is 3D and 2D with the ability to section and markup but not authoring.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back