Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

version problem

reeshi

Hi guys,
I created 3d model in SW08 and trying open it on SW07 , but it says couldn't open.

How could I open this file in SW07. there is no such option to save as file to SW07 in file save ... command as in MS office?

The only way you can do that is to save the part as IGES, STEP or another format and then import the part into solidworks.

Solidworks is not backwards compatible...

Hi guys,
I created 3d model in SW08 and trying open it on SW07 , but it says couldn't open.

How could I open this file in SW07. there is no such option to save as file to SW07 in file save ... command as in MS office?

With 3D CAD, it's much harder to "save as previous version". Functionally in Word can simple be ignored. But if something is ignored in a CAD file, the file will likely become unstable.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back