Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

View alignment in the Drafting workbench

Bert

Hello.

I have a question about copies of a [front view] and a [top view] in the drafting workbench. I am wondering if there is any way to let the "top view (copy)" refer to the "front view (copy)", so it is always aligned with the front view (copy).

Following is the background of the question:

A 3D feature is projected in the [Drafting] workbech to create a front view. The front view generates a "top view" by the [Projection View] command.
Now the "top view" moves up & down by the mouse cursor but not to right or left, because the "top view" refers to the "front view". --This is a correct and ideal behavior.

Next, I created copies of the "front view" & "top view". But the "top view (copy)" does not refer to the "front view (copy)". I am looking to a way to let the "top view (copy)" refer to the "front view (copy)", so it does not move independently.

Any idea or advice is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bert

Last edited by a moderator:
Bert,

Instead of copying all the views, I would copy the parent view (FRONT) only and then project new children views (TOP, RIGHT, etc) from the copied parent view (FRONT[2]). The projected views will move with the parent view.

Another method is the use the View Wizard to create a new family of views with dependent positioning.

Thank you for the great advice

Mr. CATIA

Thank you for the great advice. I followed what you advised and made dependent positioning. I think your methods should be the best way.

Bert,

Instead of copying all the views, I would copy the parent view (FRONT) only and then project new children views (TOP, RIGHT, etc) from the copied parent view (FRONT[2]). The projected views will move with the parent view.

Another method is the use the View Wizard to create a new family of views with dependent positioning.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back