Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Viewing a Solidworks model/component in Catia V5

jjl5590

Hey guys,

I'm trying to view a Solidworks 2015 part in Catia V5. I've tried about 20 times, 20 different ways, 20 settings but still can't figure out how to do it properly.

The problem is, the part imports fine, but for some reason only the last feature is displayed in the tree. For example, if I have a very simple part that consists of 2 features; a boss-extrude, and then a revolved-cut, only the revolved-cut will appear in the Catia feature tree.

Is there any reason for this? Is there a workaround? I've tried both .step and .igs, and gone through the compatibility settings in Catia. I'm all out of ideas!

The reason I'm doing this is because I need to model some components but it has to be handed in in Catia format, and all the features need to be shown. I'm not confident in Catia, only Solidworks.

Thanks for any help given!

step.JPGigs.JPG

Unless you have an app that converts Solidsworks to CATIA, you'll have to use IGES or STEP to convert the data. And the result will be a solid with no history.

I'm not sure why you are only getting the revolved solid and not the extrusion. Try reading the IGES or STEP file back into Solidworks to verify both features are there.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back