Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Weird part behavior

ksimoneau

Hi everyone

Allright so today i noticed a really weird behavior of one of my part in an assembly...
When i try and hide one of the operation of my part body, it's all the part body that goes hiden.

Also, Catia never sees changes i make in this part, so i have to use ''save as'' otherwise i lose all my work.

ALSO, same part again, i can't make any changes to the part now! Couple hours ago i only had the first two problems, but now i can't even add a simple extrusion to the part... it says ''impossible to create the element with the given data''.

It's very frustrating, it's a part i put much hours of work into... any help would be greatly appreciated.

You should also know it's a part made from sufaces.

Here are some pictures of the first problem:
Sans titre.jpgSans titre2.jpg

ALSO, same part again, i can't make any changes to the part now! Couple hours ago i only had the first two problems, but now i can't even add a simple extrusion to the part... it says ''impossible to create the element with the given data''.

Extrusion? If you're adding a surface Extrusion, verify the profile and make sure the direction is correct?

Last edited:
Also, Catia never sees changes i make in this part, so i have to use ''save as'' otherwise i lose all my work.

First, make sure the part is updated.

Then, look in the tree to see which feature is the Current Work Object (it's underlined). CATIA only shows the current underlined feature and everything above it. Right-click on the PartBody and use Define As Current Work Object to see the entire body of features.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back