Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

What is best CAD software for SWEEP along curve?

precisionart

I currently only have experience using Modo. What is the best program for creating a sweep along a single path/curve that can achieve the following:

1. Transition from one profile to another e.g. circle to square like here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UKC5GWSY4
  2. Control the transition from one profile to another with a function curve (non-linear)
  3. Control the rotation (twist) between profiles with a function curve. (non-linear)
  4. Ready for 3d print – cleanest possible model
  5. A way to create a good render (ideally just export to Modo).

Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Mike
P.S. I did not see a general questions thread

Solidworks advice

I've done lots of lofts and sweeps in Solidworks. However, i'm not aware of a way to control specifically its rotation with an equation or equation based curve. I'm only aware of a way to do it linearly. The closest thing would be to do a loft in solidworks with a centerline and guide curves, but I don't think you'd be able to control rotation with guide curves.

Good luck.

If wanting a nurbs tool, I would use moi for this. The v3 deform tools can do this, and moi exports quad meshes to ie modo.
Softimage also has a plugin called MX_Loft, that does this really nicely, with more controls, but maybe not as intuitive.

m

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back