Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

what is constant normal direction in variable section sweep.

R

rachna

what is constant normal direction in variable section sweep.Iwanna know it with example,if anybody can solve it.please send.

I'm not sure about Pro/E but in most cases there will be options as to how to handle the sweep profile(s). You want to ask what is the "Default" mode. Typically, the default mode is parallel to the profile "normal" which can also be described as perpendicular to the profile plane. Options can range from maintaining the profile parallel with another plane or rotating one or more axes of the profile plane to allowing a formula to derive the orientation of the profile plane as it moves along its trajectory path. This method allows you to introduce other variables that can dynamically affect the shape of the sweep.

I'll try to find out what the default mode is for Pro/E. What version are you running?

3DCADTips Q&A Support.

We found an answer to your question!

From our partner site www.MCADCentral.com, responded to by: jeff4136

I believe ...
Default is normal to traj. A constant normal direction requires an explicit definition (plane, chain, etc.).

Look at the tips and tricks Part Modeling forum (near top of list) for a thread about VSS. Others will turn up in a forum search.

Click this link to view the complete thread at www.MCADCentral.com:

http://www.mcadcentral.com/proe/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29379&TPN=1

Thanks for using the Q&A Board!

3DCADTips.com Q&A Board Support

» what is constant normal direction in variable section sweep.Iwanna know it
» with example,if anybody can solve it.please send.

It defines the second direction

Saksham_touchtelindia.net

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back