Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Where to go for Catia hardware specs

Grendrut

I'm having difficulty finding detailed information for building high end workstations optimized for Catia. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks, that's a good place to start. This may be asking a lot, but what I have in mind is building something for a company that wouldn't just run Catia but would be optimized for it, and the specs that I should focus on (type and number of GPUs, cores, ram, etc.) I'm planning on spending $30- 40K.

The enthusiast forums are naturally 99% gaming, and any extreme workstations are usually built for other software.

Well I might be wrong but from what I gather, Catia was created to be compatible with budget workstations, which makes sense from a marketing point of view, so once a certain threshold is passed, it becomes less about Catia and more about the demands of the particular project being worked on.

For my project (aerospace), about all I can glean from the research done thus far is that unless I'm prepared to spend millions, I'm not likely to ever reach a point of redundancy as far as ram, gpu and cpu power is concerned.

I'll understand if this thread dies or even gets deleted since this all probably appears pie in the sky stuff, and this is something I've had to deal with over the course of the ten years that I've been working on this.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back