Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

why cant I see all details in product tree

wowpilot

Customers send us their their product CAD file in stp, igs or catpart etc. But I cant see how they made this parts such as extrudes, holes , trims and all others. All I can see is only part and little names in product tree.

Last edited by a moderator:
STEP files are normally imported into CATIA V5 as dumb solids with no feature history of how they were created. IGES files are normally imported as surface geometry. The CATPart files should have the feature history, unless the customer intentionally deleted it. (This is often done, so that the supplier doesn't modify the geometry that was sent to them). If you absolutely have to have the CATPart file with history, contact your customer and ask them to send it to you. But you have to be on the same release level, or higher, as your customer.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back