Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

[WIP] Solidworks Car: Audi R8

lincoln

Lately, I've started to model the Audi R8 with Solidworks!
I've decided to post my progression to this project here. I hope it's ok! :)

Feel free to leave any comments, good or bad :).

Here we go with the first step : Blueprint!
blueprintn.jpg

A+!

Last edited:
It's time for an update! I've been focusing on other things lately but I've decided to put some work on the Audi R8 today.
This is the back of the car.

backcar1.jpg

backcar6.jpg

One little update.

+ Mirror
+ Hub, Disk, Caliper
+ Door Handle

I will attack the front and tail lights this week, the side window too.

bodymirror2.jpg

I've modeled the windows on the side of the car and the plastic around the wheel openings (I really don't know how we call that part :) ).

To Do!
+ Front Lights
+ Tail Lights
+ Air Intake in the door.

bodymirror6.jpg

bodymirror7.jpg

bodymirror5.jpg

bodymirror4.jpg

awesome!!!!
could u share some information about molding this car, like dimensions of every part?
This is a good example to learn.

Bhaskar

very impressive work.:)
I suppose you are using 2D to 3D toolbar to constuct this model.
Can you tell me how many hours you must have spend on this model?

damn, impressive

It's always nice to read a post like that.
Thanks a lot.

Awesome!!! could you tell me how do get enough information to make this? I want to learn how to build this mold.

Sometimes, surface modeling can be hard and frustrating to get the shape that you want. I'm working on a tutorial for this car, I think a hands-on tutorial is a great way to learn quickly how to master complex modeling with Solidworks. Send me a pm.

very impressive work.:)
I suppose you are using 2D to 3D toolbar to constuct this model.
Can you tell me how many hours you must have spend on this model?

I've put a lot of effort in this car. How many hours? Really, I have no idea! It's just so fun to model cool things like that. :)

Wow

What a great model!!! I've got a question though. How were you able to model the body so well in Solidworks? How were you able to determine the appropriate geometry, did you find curves and input them into Solidwork?

What a great model!!! I've got a question though. How were you able to model the body so well in Solidworks? How were you able to determine the appropriate geometry, did you find curves and input them into Solidwork?

Hi GT, there's no secrets here... it's all about trial-and-error. :)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back