Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Wiring

A

anoyes

I am a modeling a wiring loop that runs the length of the pipe and loops aroung the pipe twice. I sketch the flat profile and projected it to the pipe and did a great job of making a wiring & pipe model, but can not seperate the wiring from the pipe, it made a single part and I need to make an assenbly and a wiring part.

You need an assembly...

Hello anoyes,

It sounds like you added a new feature to the pipe model. You need to create an assembly, insert the pipe model as a component and then create a new component, referencing geometry from the pipe component into it and then create the wire (e.g., in the new empty component of the assembly). This is referred to as "In-context assembly modeling." You are creating a new part (i.e., component) within the context of the assembly and it's other components. Understand?

3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back