Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

What is this type of dimension?

Mans

I wanted to draw this rail profile (uci54) in the sketch workbench. I have not any problem with other dimensions except (1:2.75) and (1:10). They are unknown to me, though I think are relative to gradient. How do I draw them?

Attachments

• rail.jpg
    rail.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3
Add them as Text, instead of Dimension.

They define the angle/slope/gradient of the planes by specifying the RISE:RUN (H dist : V dist)

Hello, master

That's right

When I encounter a technical problem, I often refer everywhere to find a solution, if it even takes long for weeks. I never give up an unsolved matter unless I realize it is out of my knowledge boundary.

When I pose a question here or in other engineering or technical communities, I research about that issue everywhere simultaneously to find the solution sooner.

After I sent this question, I reviewed a variety of the rail sections until I found the answer of my question in one.

Of course, I didn't know its terms (Rise: Run) and learned it from you

Thank you a bunch :)

Attachments

• rightl.jpg
    rightl.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back