Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Altering the scale of textures?

Ajani

I have a box that I have put a texture on (150x150px BMP with a few dots in to act as stars). The only problem is, the image is not being tiled and is instead being stretched across the whole face. How do I make 3ds Max 'tile' it instead of 'stretch' it? Thanks in advance.

Apply a box shaped UVW map to the box. In the UVW map properties on the right hand bar, enter in even values for U, V and W values (say, 100,100,100). Make the stars material visible in the viewport (the blue checkered box thing in the material editor, for the bitmap in question). Then go into the sub-object mode of the UVW modifier and use the scale tool to adjust it to how you like. You should be able to see it update in the viewport.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back