Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Angle constraint for defining oriented angle

bendesarts

Hello,

How is it possible to make a constraint of an oriented angle in CATIA ?

It seems to me that when I use a angular constraint, whatever if I select the part 1 ou 2 in first (I want a angular constraint between 2 parts : part 1 and part 2), I obtain the same angle/

For 1 angular constraint (between part 2 and part 1 (taken as my reference), I didn't have the desired angle but the opposite ("-". Consequently, how can I do so that the angular constraint correspond to the oriented angle that I want ?

There are some other choices (angular sector1, 2, 3 ou 4) but i didn't manage to create the opposite of my angle.

I make the opposite of my angle for the moment by adding a "-" in a formula. But, I would prefer to make cleaner solution by defining exactly the oriented angle I want for the beginning.

Thanks a lot for your ideas.

I have the same problem with angle constraints and dimensions, and I don't have a solution. Often choosing a different angular sector will provide the constraint/dimension I want. But sometimes I have to start over, selecting the planes (or lines) in the reverse order. Or selecting the planes (lines) on the opposite side of the intersection.

Please let us know if you figure this out.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back