Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Another exercise...multi-pads?

rbarata

Hello, my friends

Another exercise...I need your oppinion about how to do it. To create the part in the attachement, as far as I can see, I will need 3 sketches: one with the left side of the part (excluding the R31.8 mm semi-circle), another to the right side (again excluding the R31.8 mm semi-circle) and a third only with the R31.8 mm semi-circleto.
My strategy will be to extrude a 16 mm pad using the first sketch, extrude another pad with 48 + 16 mm using the second sketch and with the third sketch (constructed on a plane defined by the upper face of the 48 + 16 mm pad) I will create a pocket of 28,6 mm depth.

About the 30º angle on the upper face, haven't thought about it that much but there are several ways to do it (for ex, using a fourth up-to-plane sketch, or cutting the top face with an intersecting plane, etc, etc).

My main concern for now is the first part of my post. What do you think about my strategy?

Thank you

Attachments

• New part.jpg
    New part.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 11
Your strategy is good, as are many other strategies that result in the correct shape.

I would recommend using Chamfers for the two 30 degree angles.

Hi rbarata,
i think the better statergy would be first pad the section in top view by 16+48mm, use boolean operations to cut 48mm and semicircle, and hole n chamfer at last.
Boolean is lenghty but its good practice.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back