Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Beginners trouble modeling a grenade

MoNercy

Hi guys,

For the sake of learning, I decided to try and model a hand grenade. What I have so far is very doable:
2Mxwh.jpg
but getting the ribbed profile in now turns out to be a challange for me.

I've tried creating a guideline on the outside of the grenade, as you can see on the image. I then created a plane in from the top plane, made it 1.43mm higher so that it would have the same height as the lowest point of that guidecurve. My idea then was to create an elipse and use that outside curve as a guide path for a swept cut.
Didn't work out, as I expected, since the plane was not linked to the plane on which the outside guidecurve was drawn.

I think by getting an answer to this question I might learn several things. Not only how to get this done, but also, hopefully, something about plane-creation, if that's even necessary at all.

Thank you.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back