Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Blister pack die

K

Kathy

Hi there,

I need to design a die for blister packaging a product. Has anyone had experience with designing this type of die? A sample file would help.:D

Thanks,
Kathy

Blister Pack Tooling

Hi Kathy
I can help you with what ever information you require. We manufacture thermoformed packaging of all types and have hundreds of SW models of blisters, trays and clam shell packs. Let me know the type of product you want to model and i will send you a sample file to look at

Zevel said:
Hi Kathy
I can help you with what ever information you require. We manufacture thermoformed packaging of all types and have hundreds of SW models of blisters, trays and clam shell packs. Let me know the type of product you want to model and i will send you a sample file to look at

Hi Zevel,
Cool....thanks, I'd appreciate that very much!
The product is a keychain.
It looks similar to this: http://www.promotionalproducts.net/Graphics/keychain_compass_therm.jpg

Sorry I don't have a picture of the actual product yet.
Thanks!

Hi Kathy
I have sent you a private msg, send me a mail adress to my home email that i can send you a file. What version of SW are you using

Regards, Trevor

Sample file

Hi Kathy
Is this the type of thing you are looking for?
Take a look at the sketch pic. this is one way to make it easier

Regards
Trevor

Attachments

• KeyChainBlisterV1R1.zip
    685.7 KB · Views: 57
Can't open sample file

Hi Trevor,

I can't open the file. I'm still using an older version of Solidworks. (I'm considering upgrading it, but I don't use it very often...) I think it's Solidworks2000. If you convert your file to a parasolid file version 11, I should be able to open it.
Thanks!

Katie

Hi Kathy
This is a parasolid of the file, unfortunatly it wont tell you much in terms of the creation however it may help :)
Trevor

Attachments

• KeyChainBlisterV1R1.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 19
Hello Zevel,
I am quite interested in your knowledge about blister design using solidworks. I have to teach it to students and i am looking for industrial exemples. Do you still work in this topic ?
Thanks for your answer,
Regards.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back