Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cam mate has an "entity" which has a radius less than that of the follower

Hi,
I was designing an engine for a module at Uni and i have come across a problem involving the Cam mate under the Mechanical mates tab. When i select the camshaft and then the valve as a follower is get the following message;
"One or more of the cam entities have a radius less than that of the follower. This might result in errors while dragging the components." I just click ok and it works fine. But if i try and do a second mate the same way on the same cam shaft just with a different valve, the assembly becomes over defined and the camshaft doesn't spin any more. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this or what causing the problem. I have looked around but can't find much/anything about this problem or how to fix it. I have tried changing the radius of the valve so that it becomes bigger and also smaller but i still get the same message!!
Thanks

Attachments

• Cam problem.jpg
    Cam problem.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 8
Hi,
I was designing an engine for a module at Uni and i have come across a problem involving the Cam mate under the Mechanical mates tab. When i select the camshaft and then the valve as a follower is get the following message;
"One or more of the cam entities have a radius less than that of the follower. This might result in errors while dragging the components." I just click ok and it works fine. But if i try and do a second mate the same way on the same cam shaft just with a different valve, the assembly becomes over defined and the camshaft doesn't spin any more. Has anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this or what causing the problem. I have looked around but can't find much/anything about this problem or how to fix it. I have tried changing the radius of the valve so that it becomes bigger and also smaller but i still get the same message!!
Thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back