Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA 3D mouse function buttons

Wuzhee

Hello everyone.

I recently moved to a new company and after ~6 years of Inventor now I'm using CATIA for CAD.
My question is, is there anybody who uses radial menus with the 3dconnexion SpaceNavigator/SpaceMouse?

When I first started using a 3D mouse in Inventor I was very happy with the Radial Menu option for each key. I could bind 8 functions/commands to each button and each environment I used (Sketch, Part, Assembly, Drawing, Part in assy, Sheet metal, Sheetmetal in assy). So this meant I had at least 112 commands bound to just 2 keys.

Now moving over to CATIA I realized that there are no environments to change, the 8 commands are constant throughout the software. It was a huge dissapointment.
I just can't think of 8 useful commands that I would be using in each workbench...

Is anyone in the same shoes?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back