Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia counter sunk screw constraint

itz001

Hello,

I am trying to apply constraints to a countersunk screw.

1- I apply “contact” to the conic surface of the head of the screw and the conic surface of the hole.
Afterwards I wanted to apply “coincidence” to the axis of the screw and the axis of the hole. But I am getting that they are redundant.

2- I don`t know if the right solution can be to apply
- “contact” (like in 1) and “angle” constraint to the planes of the screw, with the planes of the part where the holes are.
- “coincidendce” (like in 1) and “angle” constraint to the planes of the screw, with the planes of the part where the holes are.

Thanks a lot

A Contact constraint between the screw head and the hole countersink is all you need, unless you want to also constraint the angle of the screw rotation about it's axis. A contact constraint between two cone-shaped faces defines 5 degrees of freedom, including the coincidence of both axis.

There are several ways you could constrain the screw to the hole, but I think your #1 method is the best.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back