Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA - Design Table - Point Creation

babu_rect

Basically I would like to create a point and parameterize its x,y and z coordinates using design table
How to do this?

In design Table you could able to redefine the parameters but i didn't try to create point. The use of design table is to create a family table not point table. And point doesn't belongs to any dimension so we cannot change that. In design table we need a dimension or a parameter to change, point doesn't have any dimension. so, i think we cannot use points in design table

Navin,

I agree with your comment about a Design Table being used to create a family of parts - that is, I believe, the primary purpose.

But, a Design Table can indeed be used to create the x, y and z coordinates of a point - the coordinates are parametric values just like any other geometric parameters.

There is a macro in CATIA, Elements From Excel, that will create points based on a spreadsheet. The Design Table method is just another way to do it.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back