Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Register Log in

CATIA doesn't allow me to delete these comonents

Mans

I mirrored these two legs of the tower earlier but after a series of other actions I decided to delete them but received this warning:

What I should to do to take the components out of private state?

MrCATIA

Super Moderator
Could you please highlight the components in the tree that you want to delete. (or list their names)

Mans

Hi, MrCATIA

After I sent this post I myself tried to find the problem that prevented deleting. I went to the tree and deleted symmetry from there. The components (I-beams on the right) were deleted successfully.

Probably, I tried before to delete one of the components that was under Multi output 4 (symmetry) order and thus received the warning. I deleted Multi output itself in the tree and the components were deleted completely.

Thank you for your attention :)

The object was a watching tower ( toy) that I designed for participating in a competition relative to a Canadian toy factory. After a week, the responsible of the company congratulated me and announced me I'm one of the few finalists. It is not obvious who will be the winner.

The wondering thing is that I designed all the components in one stage and didn't use assembly workbench.

Last edited:

Sponsor