Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia,How to type text?

M

minhkhai

I'm design a product. On the product has a text. I want to type the text on the produc and after use PAD command for text. How should we do? Thanks.

Unlike several other CAD systems, CATIA does not have a direct method for making solid features from keyed-in text. Spider007 provided the following link to a COE Forum FAQ that lists 3 methods to accomplish engraved or embossed text in a 3D part:

http://www.coe.org/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=7035&highlight_key=y&keyword1=faq

When asked to add this capability to CATIA, Dassault's response has been to use the Type3 program that has been written as a CAA program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Text in CATIA

minhkhai,

I'm about 4 years late to this party, but if you want text in CATIA V5 just go to Text in CATIA and download the plug-in.

It was developed using Visual Basic and C# components that access CATIA's API. It creates the text as polylines and splines inside a sketch. Check it out.

Drew

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back