Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA V6 question

sanW10

i was given CATIA V6 for testing purpose.

it got installed in Windows 7 without any problem.

but, when i started it, the CATIA window is like this (see pic)

2ibj61d.jpg

I want it to be like Catia V5, with a "Start' menu instead of "PLM Access".

Last edited by a moderator:
guys, i need urgent help here.

this is the "options" window

k4jls2.png

no option to change the platform.

is there anyother way?

SanW10,

There's not alot of V6 users out there yet, so there's not too many people that can help you.

I'm not sure where or how you got your test copy, but I suggest you go back and ask your source.

The COE forum has a pretty active section on V6, with many responses from Dassault and IBM. You might want to post your question there. Here's a link to a question similar to yours:
Catia V6 Work bench > Active Discussions > COE

OMG. thanks a lot MrCatia for that link. :D
i fiddled around in options for days & never noticed that icon.

2076iah.png

Actually my centre handed me this copy of V6 as they want to upgrade their PC's to Windows 7 when it launches this year end.
And in my centre, only i am using Windows 7 (at home).

coooool, really cool to see screenshots of catia v6, i doubt alot of people will move to it yet until its had a few more release copys. and on windows 7 with 64bit, every company on the planet must use this software

Hi

Hello, My name is Michael an I saw this forum about CATIA v6. I actually have a different problem. I hav CATIA V6 2009 Installed, but, I cannot get in because of this random connect thing comes up. Do you guys know how to solve this problem?

There should be a picture....

Hi.. friend..even i have the same problem...
I am very new to Catia V6R2009. When I execute Catia program it pops up two windows. 1 window called "connect", it requests to load "data source" . ...and one more with host name, port no. etc...
can anybody help me to get out from this problem....

Thank You:)

Hi.. friend..even i have the same problem...
I am very new to Catia V6R2009. When I execute Catia program it pops up two windows. 1 window called "connect", it requests to load "data source" . ...and one more with host name, port no. etc...
can anybody help me to get out from this problem....

Thank You:)

I too am facing the same problem..
Can anyne help us..

To run CATIA V6R2009 you have to point so called Provider Data Source. It may be 3D XML, Enovia or Smart Team databases.
For example (choosing 3D XML) press More->Add and choose this path: \Installation Folder\intel_a\resources\3DXMLModels\Sample.3dxml
choosing at the same time Connection Type as the '3DXML'.

- Enjoy!

Connection Problem

I recently downloaded Catia v6r2009 from rapidshare. Its interface was new and it asked for a connection in the beginning, which was not there in catia v5.

I selected the 3DXML option and the sample file. It worked well.
After that I went to the settings page and selected the auto logon ans single sign on options.

The nest time I tried to start, it gave an Authentication Failed message saying that SSO Credential Authentication was not successful. The software exists after that.

I later read in the documentation that Single Sign On should not be activated in the 3DXML mode(Reason and remedy not given).
Now, no matter what I do, I can't get catia to start on my computer again. I even tried reinstalling, it gives the same error everytime.

I tried googling, but there is no solution on the net. Can anyone help me?

I have a laptop with Vista SP2 and 3 GB Ram and NVidia Graphics Card

Hi,

Im new to 3D CAD, I started using Prodesktop when I was 13, I'm now 18 and about to go to university, where I will use Proengineer. I have a strong passion for Formula 1 and motor racing, and was looking at jobs to do after I graduate, and a lot of companies want experience with CATIA, so could anyone point me in the right direction, where to download or buy CATIA V6??

Thank in advance

save and load (open) in catia v6

Hello everybody!

Few days ago I had installed CATIA V6. Some times I understanding how to make a model and other function. Then I tried found a save butom or something same, but found only propagate. As I understand it is that I search. But when I propagate and close window, I cannot open that model again. Somebody can help me with this question?

P.S. maybe I'm not first with trouble, but I cannot find solution in internet. I would be very thankful you if you said where I can find answer on this trouble.
P.P.S. Sorry about my bad English.

Hi,

Im new to 3D CAD, I started using Prodesktop when I was 13, I'm now 18 and about to go to university, where I will use Proengineer. I have a strong passion for Formula 1 and motor racing, and was looking at jobs to do after I graduate, and a lot of companies want experience with CATIA, so could anyone point me in the right direction, where to download or buy CATIA V6??

Thank in advance
well that will be really expensive. Safe your money and just sing to professional training.

save/propagate can't find file after

Hello everybody!

Few days ago I had installed CATIA V6. Some times I understanding how to make a model and other function. Then I tried found a save butom or something same, but found only propagate. As I understand it is that I search. But when I propagate and close window, I cannot open that model again. Somebody can help me with this question?

P.S. maybe I'm not first with trouble, but I cannot find solution in internet. I would be very thankful you if you said where I can find answer on this trouble.
P.P.S. Sorry about my bad English.

Hello!

Got same problem and still din't resolve it

To run CATIA V6R2009 you have to point so called Provider Data Source. It may be 3D XML, Enovia or Smart Team databases.
For example (choosing 3D XML) press More->Add and choose this path: \Installation Folder\intel_a\resources\3DXMLModels\Sample.3dxml
choosing at the same time Connection Type as the '3DXML'.

- Enjoy!

Thanks. I was trying to find solution to this problem.

same problem.... can somebody help me...

I recently downloaded Catia v6r2009 from rapidshare. Its interface was new and it asked for a connection in the beginning, which was not there in catia v5.

After that I went to the settings page and selected the auto logon ans single sign on options.

The nest time I tried to start, it gave an Authentication Failed message saying that SSO Credential Authentication was not successful. The software exists after that.

I later read in the documentation that Single Sign On should not be activated in the 3DXML mode(Reason and remedy not given).
Now, no matter what I do, I can't get catia to start on my computer again. I even tried reinstalling, it gives the same error everytime.

__________--

Hi friends i got the same problem, i tried to fixed reinstalling catia, but the same result, i do the same thing whit the single log on....

can somebody help me ???

start problem

got the same problem....

Hi... somebody can help me ?? I install Catia V62009 on my lap with win7 64 bits, i got troubles when i star catia, i got an error: "Cannot find SSO credential descriptor for the given application type in current concatenation. The authentication faild......."

i reinstalled several times and got same error when i start catia.

i installed catia for first time, choisin de 3dXML option... when i go to the settings i modified the single log on, then when i restart catia, got the error....

i tried reinstalled catia, but got the same result, this error....

please if you know something about this error post it...

installing error

Hi... somebody can help me ?? I install Catia V62009 on my lap with win7 64 bits, i got some troubles when i start catia, i got an error: "Cannot find SSO credential descriptor for the given application type in current concatenation. The authentication faild......."

i reinstalled several times and got same error when i start catia.

please if you know something about this error mail me. [email protected]

when i installed for the first time it works well, but i go to the settings and modified the single log on and when i restart catia got the problem. i tried to fix it reinstalling the software, but got the same result.....

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back