Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Centering a hole in catia

V

Vijayaraghunathan

How can one center a hole in catia V5 on a surface... I know one method by defining the center of the hole as (L/2 and B/2)...by giving this simple formula as constraint to the centre of the hole....i can get the hole centred irrespective of the size of the square or rectangle...is there any other method..?????????

hi

If it´s an important surface (I don´t know if it´s the case), you should put the origin of absolut axis centered, and then coincidence with the center hole. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there are many methods to find the center of a rectangular surface, Vijay. It depends on what information you know.

Your method of using formulas is good, as is Yika's suggestion to build the surface around the centerpoint axis.

Another method is to use the Measure Inertia tool to find the center of gravity of the surface (centroid) and use the Create Geometry option to make a point. (if the surface is not flat, Project the center of gravity point onto the surface)

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back