Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Chamfer

MACDAC

In this exercise, I´m asked to do what appears to be a chamfer, as viewed in this image
1646776817746.png

Now I have tried to use the chamfer option setting the distance to 0.025mm and an angle of 100° but the program says that they are building error due to geometry conditions.

I´m unaware if the chamfer feature is the optimal solution here, or is there another way of doing it.

The dimensions in the drawing are calling out a Countersink on the holes. That's what the 'V' symbol means. But, you are correct - it is like a chamfer on the edge of a hole.

However, a chamfer and a countersink are dimensioned totally differently. A countersink is dimensioned by the diameter at the largest part, and the total angle between both sides.

I believe you should be able to add the countersink as part of the Hole Wizard tool in Solidworks.

Or you could continue to use a chamfer, but the dimensions will be .025 X 40°.

(by the way, all the dimensions are in inch units, unless this part is very small)

I hope I helped

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back