Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Constraints & Formulas

Wallybanger

OK, both my boss and I spent about two hours yesterday messing with the parameter and formula stuff and couldn't figure out how to do what we wanted to do.

First off:

How do you use IF statements in formulas to control dimensions? We were trying to create 1 dimension with multiple values and have it control 3 others. We then tried creating a parameter with a series of string values ("Laden hight level", "Unladen Height level", "laden height full bump" etc) but then couldn't figure out how to define each of the values.

The next thing:

ProE has a tangency constraint and we can't find anything similar in Catia. We would like to build our models so that we can change and modify them with 1 dimension and the constraints will move everything else around.... however, that is VERY difficult when you can't have a flat surface move tangent to round one.

PLEASE HELP ME!! :)
thanks,
Mike

Mike- I assume you're asking about Assembly Constraints in your second question about tangency:

I had a similar requirement, and what I did was add an Offset (distance)constraint between the flat surface and the center axis of my circular part, make the offset distance match the radius.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back