Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Conversions in multiCAD environment to JT format

eme

Dear Members,

I need some advise developing an online conversion service for CAD users. We are about to buy a licence to be able to convert files from CATIA V5, NX and STEP, all only to JT. We wonder if it is sufficient? Is JT enough as the only output format?

We also wonder if this whole idea to convert CAD files online is feasible. How many CAD files do you convert monthly? Please tell me approximately!

I really do not want to advertise here, but I desperately need the feedback, so I do not put link only the name: convertcadfiles.com

No plans to include conversions to CATIAV5 and V6?

Where I'm currently working, we convert approx. 20 files per month between CATIA V5 and STEP.

My past client converted approx. 30 files per month between CATIA V5 and STEP.

In the past 5 years, I have only been asked twice about JT conversions.

Good luck with your new endeavor.

Thanks! There is a plan to convert from CATIAV5 to JT. JT again...., ye we should consider.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back