Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Cotation precision

J

jfhumblet

Hello,

How can I configue cotation to have this:

For 50mm, I want to see 50 (and not 50,0)
For 50,5mm, I want to see 50,5 (and not 51)

Of course, I can change precision of cotation on the option of the document or change this for each cotation but I would like to have a "standart" format (like in excell)

Thanks

PS: sorry for my poor English, I speak french and my English still need to be emproved

[email protected]

Standard format

You should be able to create a standard format for your parts, assemblies, and dimensioned drawings with you own requirements. You do this by opening a new file for each type (part, assembly, and drawing) and making your changes to format; dimensions, lines, or whatever; then saving the format as a new template. After that, when you open a new file, the dimensions and other personalized changes, will be in the new template.

not enought

Thanks for this reply. But know how to make a template. The problem is that I can't chose a dimension format that write 38 for 38,00mm; 38.5 for 38.50mm... etc and not 38.00 for 38.00mm:(

Dims Options

You can set the trailing and leading zeros in the document, dims setings to get the result you are looking for.

Go to - Tools/Options/Document Properties/Detailing

Ansi Standadard

When you choose the ANSI standard the dimensions are placed just as you said...

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back