Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Creating circular constraint?

Aquila

Hi,
I have a roller I need to constrain to a circular track. Any suggestions on how to achieve this? I am novice for Inventor and it would great if some could explain elaborately.
Thanks in advance.

Without knowing what the track or the roller look like it is hard to say. Cneterline mate to the face of the track (offset the radius of the roller) or tangent between the surfaces is the best I can tell you without seeing it.

Hi,
I would suggest a transitional constrain if you want the roller to be able to slide along the circular track. Se attched PDF printed from the Inventor help file.:D

Attachments

• Transitional constrain.pdf
    71.3 KB · Views: 12
Hi,
You could use either Tangent constraint or Transition constraint. Tangent: Pick the roller outer face (the one contacts the track) as first selection and pick the innert face on the track (the one contacts the roller) as second selection. Transition: the same as above.
Hope this helps a bit.
Cheers!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back