Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Delete Parts in Assembly by mouse

drkwing

Hi,

In Assembly Design, I remember, I can select some parts from the modeling space by mouse and then delete them using right click and 'delete' or delete key from keyboard. But, now I can only delete parts by right clicking the part from tree structure and delete from there.

I think the problem is selecting the part from the model space by mouse only selects the features under the part object, not the part node in the tree.

I would be very pleased if someone can help.

Kind regards

I'm working with R15 and I'm getting the same behavior as you. I think you are correct that it's picking up the face or feature instead of the part node.

Personally, I find that selecting parts and features from the tree seems to work better than selecting in the graphics area.

But I have something you can try: Other Selections
1. right-click on the part geometry
2. choose the Other Selections option to display a little panel
3. right-click the part to be deleted (it's probably the 2nd item in the list, unless you have several levels of sub-assemblies)
4. now you can choose the Delete option

This is a couple more clicks, but everything can be done with the mouse and you don't have to search through the tree to find the part.

I have found the solution. The user selection filter tool bar is the answer. The first button titled product selection enables selecting parts from the workspace. Toggle it on and voila!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back