Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Dimension settings??? Please help

jagodragon

How do i pre set the setting for dimesioning in catia v5 r16 unix. i am using a work book but the method it tells me to use is greyed out.

The book says to use the dimension setting tool bar before i start the dimensioning comand and this will set the style for all dimension in advance, but the hole bar is greyed out unless i am working with a dimension.

Is there a way to set one dimension and copy the settings to the rest or do i just have to manually change each dimension?

Any help would be greeatly appreciated.

Is your book at R16 also?

Normally, I choose a drafting standard (such as ANSI) when I start a new drawing. This standard points to a xml file which defines the default CATIA settings. From your description, it sounds like your book is teaching you the way CATIA used to do it with something called "styles" - these have been replaced.

Try making a new drawing and choose different standards (ANSI, ASME, ISO, etc.) to see which one you like best. You can also change the standard by using FILE + PAGE SETUP

Yes, you can copy the properties from a good dimension to the rest. First select the dimension (or many dimensions) you want to change, click on the Painter icon (looks like a paintbrush in the Graphic Properties toolbar at the top), and then select the good dimension to copy from.

Last edited:
Thank you,

Yes my book is also r16. i got a call back from our it guy and he said that it was becouse my generic licence was set up wrang and that it was pulling in a Chrysler environment.

but knowing how to copy settings from one dim to a nother is very useful thank you.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back