Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Dimention

fargodude

Hello I have a question that is driving me crazy to figure out.

I drew a logo with maybe 500 lines and arcs, extruded it and added some chamfers.

In the sketch there are a bunch of relations that are valid, parallel lines, etc. I ended up selecting "Fully define sketch" and it added about 40 dimensions.

It looks great. Now I want to resize it precisely.

I can't figure out how this is suppose to be done. All I really want to do is scale it proportionally based on length or height.

I use the scale command and nothing happens. I looked at trying to dimension using equations but I don't think this is the right answer.

Videos and Google are not helping.

One issue I don't understand too is that if I scale it I would want the chamfers and depth to change too.

Any hints for me. Videos, articles even books that explain how this should be done.

Thanks
D

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back