Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Disconnecting two profiles

Mans

When I draw two profiles (for example a rectangular and circle) both are connected to each other and when I want to pad the circle, the rectangular is padded along with circle as well. How I can disconnect two profiles in part design as just the one that I select is padded?

Thank you

Most people would draw two sketches; one for the rectangle and another for the circle. Then each sketch can be used for different pads.

One Sketch for Multiple Features

Some people like to draw everything in one sketch. They use the Sub-Elements option to make different features (pads, pockets, ribs, etc.) from a single sketch. Personally, I find this method very difficult to work with, but thought it might be something you might want to do with your rectangle-circle sketch.

You can find more information about this method in the CATIA Online Documention, or click here
Part Design and scroll down to the Using the Sub-elements of a Sketch section.

Last edited:
Although I couldn't open "part design" address that you hinted but I found "sub-elements" order in another website and it was very useful thing for me.

Thank you :)

One Sketch for Multiple Features

I just had a chance to try the 1-sketch method:

a. make a sketch with several profiles (rectangles, circles, etc.)
b. add a Pad; instead of selecting sketch,
- b1. right-click in profile box and select Go To Profile Definition
- b2. select more profiles if required
- b3. select OK
c. specify Pad length and verify direction
d. OK

repeat steps b,c,d for other Pad/Pocket features using other profiles in the same sketch

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back