Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Editing extrusions

I finally joined now that I have a question to ask! We're running a SW2010 installation right now.

When I create an extrusion (from a sketch), I'm finding that the .sldprt model no longer automatically updates when I edit the dimension. It has always automatically updated, but now for some reason it only updates after I manually Rebuild. Does anyone know what I did here to cause this and how I can get it to automatically rebuild the part?

Example: Sketch a square, extrude to 20 inches. The object is complete and I double-click on the Extrude feature in the tree in order to display the annotation on the screen (20 inches). When I double-click on that, and the Modify window appears, I enter a new value, say 15 inches, and accept that change, the model does not automatically change (rebuild) until I manually tell it to rebuild.

Try changing settings in the system options/performance tab. I was having the same issue (didn't know there was a possibility of automatic rebuid). I changed the level of detail to less, and the rest of the settings to always. Now it is rebuilding automatically.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back